The struggling

...vhodná k bockování

The struggling

Příspěvekod hongwei28 » úte 11. zář 2018 7:50:09

Astros manager A.J. Hinch is quite comfortable when Yuli Gurriel is at the plate with runners are in scoring position.

Gurriel hit a grand slam in Houston’s eight-run second inning Nick O'Leary Jersey , helping Gerrit Cole and the Astros beat the Kansas City Royals 11-3 on Sunday.

”He just has a knack for really putting the barrel on the ball and doing incredibly positive things,” Hinch said. ”His balance, his bat-to-ball skills, his bat path: Everything lines up when he can execute his game plan and he doesn’t miss pitches.

”He can hit anything anywhere and he usually hits it hard. And that was a big knockout blow for them early in the game.”

Gurriel finished with three hits as the AL West-leading Astros won for the 15th time in 17 games. Jose Altuve drove in two runs and scored twice, and Evan Gattis connected for a pinch-hit homer.

Cole (9-1) struck out eight while pitching five innings of one-run ball. The right-hander has struck out at least eight in 12 of his 16 starts.

”You know ideally I’d like to get a little more length there, especially after the bullpen had to work last night,” Cole said. ”Some of that is out of my control a little bit. So, just kind of get back to the grind and get to the next one.”

Houston loaded the bases with one out in the second, and Tony Kemp brought home the first run when he reached on catcher’s interference on Drew Butera. George Springer then lined out, but Alex Bregman walked Kyle Murphy Jersey , Altuve hit a two-run single and Carlos Correa walked before Gurriel connected against Jason Hammel (2-9) for his second career grand slam.

”Put guys on base for free and make mistakes and that’s what happens,” Hammel said.

Gurriel also hit a solo drive in Saturday’s 4-3 win in 12 innings. It’s the first time since July 21-22, 2017, that Gurriel has homered in back-to-back games.

”My concentration level definitely is focused when there are runners on base and guys that we want to get to score,” Gurriel said through a translator.

Kansas City dropped to 3-18 in June. Hammel was tagged for nine runs, matching his season high, and walked five in four innings.

Lucas Duda hit his fifth homer for the Royals, and Rosell Herrera singled in a run.

”They have a really good pitching staff over there,” Royals manager Ned Yost said. ”It’s hard to fall behind that group and battle back because they are so good.”

TIME TO SHAVE

Bregman had been working on a mustache the last few days, but it disappeared during the game. A split-screen picture of Bregman during his at-bat in the second inning and next plate appearance in the fourth showed he had shaved at some point between the two at-bats.

”I don’t pay attention to Alex’s shaving habits during the middle of the game Reshad Jones Jersey ,” Cole said. ”I did like the mustache. I thought it played Jeff Kent-esque. It was on top of his lip when he stabbed that soft liner in the first inning, which got us out of the jam. So, personally I’m a fan of the `stache. I guess it’s been sent down. It’s been DFA’d and we’ll wait until it comes back.”

SURGING

Gattis has 11 homers and 32 RBIs in his last 25 games. He has driven in 25 runs in June.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Astros: RHP Joe Smith (elbow discomfort) threw his first bullpen session since going on the disabled list. Smith threw about 30 pitches. He said he felt good and will know more of where he is at depending on how he feels on Monday.

UP NEXT

Royals: RHP Brad Keller (1-2, 2.63 ERA) faces the Angels on Monday in a make-up game. Last time out, Keller got a no-decision against Houston in a 7-4 loss on June 17. Keller allowed three runs in six innings against the Astros.

Astros: RHP Justin Verlander (9-2, 1.60 ERA) faces the Blue Jays on Monday. Verlander leads the American League in ERA, WHIP, opponent OPS and opponent batting average.

A look at what’s happening around the majors today:

WOOD WORK

A day after hitting three homers and two doubles in just six innings, Cardinals slugger Matt Carpenter tries to torment the Cubs over a doubleheader. Carpenter drove in seven before getting pulled early in St. Louis’ 18-5 thrashing at Wrigley Field on Friday. He tied the major league record for extra-base hits in a game, and became the first player to do it in just six innings. He’ll look to inflict more damage against starters Tyler Chatwood (3-5 Casey Hayward Jersey , 5.04) and Mike Montgomery (3-3, 3.91).

METS MOVES COMING?

The Mets could have a busy Saturday beyond their scheduled Subway Series game against the Yankees. Closer Jeurys Familia was held out of a tight game Friday night, and manager Mickey Callaway said it was because New York was nearing a trade to send Familia to a contender. Meanwhile, Yoenis Cespedes is contemplating season-ending surgery on his balky heels, and he said recovery from the operation would take 8-to-10 months. He’s playing through the injury for now and homered in his return from the DL on Friday.

Then there’s ace Jacob deGrom, who said Friday that his preference is to remain with the Mets amid speculation that he could be traded. ”I want to win here,” he said, adding that he hopes ”the feeling is mutual.”

HEATING UP

Big Sexy might look more like Big Sweaty in Texas.

Bartolo Colon, the Rangers‘ portly 45-year-old right-hander, pitches on a weekend featuring record heat in Arlington. The Rangers opened a series against Cleveland on Friday night with a first-pitch temperature of 107 degrees Lavonte David Jersey , the highest ever at the start of a game at Texas’ 25-year-old ballpark. The expected high Saturday is 109 degrees, with the teams set to play at night. The forecast during Sunday afternoon’s finale calls for a high of 108. The hottest temperature for a game this season is 108 degrees, set when the Angels hosted the Dodgers on July 7.

Colon is making his third attempt to break a tie with Dennis Martinez for the most wins in the majors by a native of Latin America. Colon and Martinez each have 245 victories.

OZZIE OUT

The Braves are being cautious with All-Star second baseman Ozzie Albies after he was pulled Friday with right hamstring tightness, likely holding him out for a couple of days to recover. The 21-year-old returned from the All-Star break leading the NL in at-bats (405) and runs (74), and he was tied for the league lead in doubles (29) with teammate and fellow All-Star Nick Markakis. Albies is batting .283 with 20 home runs and 55 RBIs. Atlanta will continue a series against the Nationals.

Adidas Jeff Skinner Jersey
hongwei28

Zpět na Místečka